People volunteering time and talents are the lifeblood of the Miami Valley Women’s Center. Over 200 volunteers from all walks of life work diligently in every capacity – including peer counseling, discipleship programs, board membership, grounds keeping, cleaning, office administration, sorting baby clothes and much more.
Though blessed with a dedicated group of volunteers, the need for volunteers in every capacity remains great. Our goal is to schedule every abortion-minded client the same day we are open, but we need your help.
The following Volunteer Opportunities require spiritual maturity, commitment, and the completion of our volunteer training program:
- Advocate: Minister to women and men of all ages facing the possibility of an unplanned pregnancy. Conduct client intake to determine physical and spiritual needs and to assist in the decision-making process. Provide male and female clients with ongoing support and guidance in parenting.
- Medical Services: Use your professional skills to minister to our clients. This area of ministry requires sonographers, nurses, and physicians who are willing to volunteer their expertise.
- Development: Assist the Development department with database and office duties that include pre-event preparations and planning.
- GIFT: Serve in the Student Outreach department mentoring groups of eighth-grade girls meeting during the school day.
- TEAM: Serve in the Student Outreach department mentoring groups of eighth-grade boys meeting during the school day.
The following Volunteer Opportunities do not require the completion of the volunteer training program:
- Professional Services: Use your professional skills to assist in a specialty area. Donate your expertise such as: photographer, videographer, graphic designer, proof reader, data entry, computer skills, etc.
- Prayer Support Team: Set aside a specific time to pray for the Miami Valley Women’s Center as a part of a prayer/support network. Specific prayer needs for clients and the MVWC’s needs and concerns will be provided.
- Church Liaison: Keep your church informed about Miami Valley Women’s Center services, volunteer opportunities and fundraising events. Be the communication link between our Development office and your church.
- Resource Volunteer: Organize, sort, fold and hang incoming baby and maternity clothing on a regular basis in preparation for distribution to clients. Volunteer hours for this project vary. Resource volunteers must submit an application with references, as well as undergo a background check.
- Handyman/Maintenance: Use your skills to enhance the functions and professional appearance of the Miami Valley Women’s Center. Work as you are available and needed.
- Mailing Team: Join the mailing team to sort, label, and tab special mailings. This is a two or three hour commitment several times a year.
- Event Team: Provide volunteer support during our major fundraising events. Work as you are available and needed.
- Baking Team: Love to bake? Bake or buy items for our smaller events.
- Cleaning: Assist in cleaning the Center to keep it attractive and presentable to our clients and community. Wash windows, shampoo carpets, vacuum, scrub restrooms, and other general cleaning. Work as you are available and needed.
We need your time and talents!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Miami Valley Women’s Center. Use the links above to access the Volunteer Application, Moral Conduct Policy, and a Background Check Authorization. All applications and references must be e-mailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mailed to Miami Valley Women’s Center, 2345 W. Stroop Rd., Dayton, OH 45439, or faxed (937-298-1644) to Kim Merritt at least three weeks prior to training.
Schedule A Tour!
Personal, individual or group tours may be scheduled at any of our locations. Please contact:
Volunteer Orientation Dates
February 6, 2021
August 7, 2021
October 2, 2021
All Volunteer Orientations are held on a Saturday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm at our Kettering center, located at 2345 West Stroop Road, Dayton, OH 45439.