Statement of Principles
- The Miami Valley Women’s Centers are an outreach ministry of Jesus Christ through His church. Therefore, the MVWC, embodied in its staff and volunteers, is committed to presenting the gospel of our Lord to women with crisis pregnancies, both in word and in deed. Those who labor as MVWC board members, staff and volunteers are expected to know Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- The MVWC is committed to providing its clients with accurate and complete information about both prenatal life and abortion.
- The MVWC is committed to integrity in dealing with clients, earning their trust and providing promised information and services. The MVWC denounces any form of deception in its corporate advertising or individual conversations with clients.
- The MVWC is committed to helping women carry to term by providing emotional support and practical assistance. Through the provision of God’s people and the community, women may face the future with hope and plan constructively for themselves and their babies.
- The MVWC never discriminates in providing services because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, disability, age, or national and ethnic origin.
- The MVWC never advises, provides, or refers for abortion or abortifacients.
- The MVWC offers assistance free of charge at all times.
- The MVWC is committed to creating awareness within the local community of the needs of pregnant women, and of the fact that abortion only compounds human need rather than resolving it.
- The MVWC is committed to the healing process of those suffering from the physical, emotional, and spiritual consequences of abortion.
- The MVWC is committed to promoting God’s design for sexuality and supports the biblical concept of abstinence outside of marriage and faithfulness within marriage.
- The MVWC does not provide counseling for contraceptives or refer its clients for contraceptives or contraceptive services. (Married women seeking contraceptive information should be urged to seek counsel, along with their husbands, from their pastor and physician.)
- The MVWC recognizes the validity of adoption as one alternative to abortion, but is not biased toward any life-saving alternative. It is independent of adoption agencies, relating to them in the same manner as other helpful referral sources. It receives no payments of any kind from these agencies, does not enter into contractual relationships with them, and does not share combined office space. It neither initiates nor facilitates independent adoption.
- The MVWC is committed to the practice of non-violent opposition to abortion in both word and deed.
- All Board members, staff and volunteers are in agreement with and committed to all corporate statements and policies and have signed the relevant commitments.
(Revised 9/2015 by Board of Directors)